The Real Art Works mob at the end of a Festivals Australia Regional residency at the Awakenings festival in Horsham, Vic

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

WANOWA GROUP & REAL ARTWORKS WORKSHOPS, A REFLECTION

What was your favourite experience over the last couple of months?

Heather

"My favourite experience was painting on canvas and making jewelery. The opening of our exhibition was exciting. It was the first time I have ever sold a painting and my jewelery!"

Rob

"Can I give you an honest answer? The whole thing was great!!!!Being together, being ourselves, sharing, simple pleasures of sharing, learning and being creative. My dream....everyone wants to make a difference and for me making a difference is being part of the local community. It's been a really enriching experience.

It was a thrill to sell one of my paintings. Heather said, 'come and have a look at this......' there was a red dot on one of my paintings.

My wife and I celebrated being able to share the experience."

Anthony

"Making my hand artwork and listening to my music while I watched the workshops."

Catherine

Watching Wally take photo's and writing my songs....meeting Whitey and Gully."

Wally

"Oh....no!!!! Running away from jobs....that's been my highlight! meeting Whitey, he taught me how to take photos."

Nicky

"I like the painting and drawing and meeting new people. I like coming to Kyogle to do music and the art workshops and to see my artwork in the newspaper."

John

"Playing drums at the opening was my highlight. I enjoyed painting and drawing too."

B

"It's a life changing story.....When I went to Red Ink- it got my feelings out in life. I wanted to change...I needed a clear head. My big dream was to 'get out' in the world. I want to dance. I don't want to be judged as different to anybody else.

I love music and art. I am happy to have experienced the workshops.

Having fun with other people was great!"

1 comment:

mieledi said...

I like this post, because I think writing really good, Christian Louboutin, www.superlowmall.com will continue to pay attention to it, simply great.